Planning Your Visit
You will be in caring hands during your entire visit, and we will do all we can to make you feel at ease. If at any time there is anything we can do to help, please do not hesitate to let us know. Please note that if you are having your evaluation and surgery both in the same day (same-day surgery patient), you will be at the center almost the entire day for tests, evaluations, and surgery. If this is the case, you will want to dress comfortably and bring a snack as well as something to occupy your time.
If this is your first appointment with us, we encourage you to go to the Forms page and download the new patient forms. Bring the completed forms with you. You might want to also print out the New Patient Information Guidelines. These Guidelines include information on appointments, billing and insurance, financing options, out-of-town visitors information, and planning for your visit.
What to Bring with You
- Bring your New Patient forms if you are a new patient.
- Bring your insurance cards or other policy information and identification. If your insurance provider requires preapproval, bring the approval form.
- Bring a complete list of the nonprescription and prescription medications and dosages you currently are taking, including eye drops and ointments. (It may be easiest to just bring all your medication bottles.)
- Bring the names and phone numbers of your family eye doctor and family medical doctor.Bring a consultation letter, note, or Request for Consultation form if you are being referred by your family eye doctor. It is important that you bring (do not mail) this information.
- Bring a snack or lunch, especially if you are diabetic. Limited items are available from our vending machines.
- Bring a book to read or something else to occupy your time.
- Bring your overnight bag if you are staying at a local hotel.
- Last, bring a sweater or jacket since we keep the temperature in the clinic rather cool.